DragonsBane
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

DragonsBane

Forum for the Dragon's Bane Free Company of Final Fantasy XIV's Zodiark Server

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Teamspeak yea or may

Go down 
2 posters

Yea or Nay to Teamspeak
Yea
Teamspeak yea or may  Vote_lcap75%Teamspeak yea or may  Vote_rcap
 75% [ 3 ]
Nay
Teamspeak yea or may  Vote_lcap0%Teamspeak yea or may  Vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Don't Mind
Teamspeak yea or may  Vote_lcap25%Teamspeak yea or may  Vote_rcap
 25% [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 4

AuthorMessage
FlynnLawliet
Admin
FlynnLawliet

Teamspeak yea or may  Empty
PostSubject: Teamspeak yea or may    Teamspeak yea or may  EmptyTue Feb 16, 2016 10:09 pm

Valia has a TS server which we can host on, so just wondering who would be for it

Renzyuki Zoldyck and Valia Thoran have proxied their votes (Yea's) during ingame chat
Back to top Go down
https://dragonsbane.forumotion.net
Magg Syznaent

Magg Syznaent

PostSubject: Re: Teamspeak yea or may    Teamspeak yea or may  EmptyWed Feb 17, 2016 11:24 pm

Never used TS but the ability to just jump in and out of the call without someone having to host the call seems really goddamn convenient on a general inclusion front. So far its been mostly myself, Flynn and Tio in calls, and Silver more frequently of late. It'd be nice to have more peeps Razz
Back to top Go down
Magg Syznaent

Magg Syznaent

PostSubject: Re: Teamspeak yea or may    Teamspeak yea or may  EmptyWed Feb 17, 2016 11:29 pm

So Flynn, has pointed out that theres a thing called "Discord" that may work as well as TS. I know that TS isnt overly convenient for Flynn since hes using his vita at the moment and would basically have to pay for the app (and I imagine that others may have similar issues)
Worth a look at (add to poll mebbe?)

Note: Vote for nay from Panda until further notice

Last edited by Magg Syznaent on Thu Feb 18, 2016 1:22 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Magg Syznaent

Magg Syznaent

PostSubject: Re: Teamspeak yea or may    Teamspeak yea or may  EmptyThu Feb 18, 2016 1:21 am

Discord had a small test run today, inconclusive as two of the testers had quiet/improvised microphone setups. Personally, I like it. Not entirely intuitive but allows you to balance recieved volumes on an individual basis and has a jump ship button for when you need to mute everyone without muting your entire computer. More feedback on further testing
*DISCLAIMER* All views are my own and are not representative of Dragon's Bane (tm) as a whole *DISCLAIMER*
Back to top Go down
FlynnLawliet
Admin
FlynnLawliet

PostSubject: Re: Teamspeak yea or may    Teamspeak yea or may  EmptyThu Feb 18, 2016 12:28 pm

Looking into buying a tidy PC microphone irregardless of whether we stay with skype, or move to TS/Discord this should solve issues on my end. Discord does seem a good way for us to go, small download, easy install or if you're lazy just jump on your web browser, may work with ps4 browser but i'll need to test that
Back to top Go down
Magg Syznaent

Magg Syznaent

PostSubject: Re: Teamspeak yea or may    Teamspeak yea or may  EmptyThu Feb 18, 2016 11:47 pm

Day 2 of Discord. I continue to be impressed by this thing. Has some cool features including built in access to ffxivdb which Flynn has used already to show me what ability icons look like so I know what to look out for.
Discord doesn't seem to do any microphone boosting of its own, so taking a look at your OS settings is advised so that you can be heard easily. Too loud is more easily managed than too quiet (sound quality may suffer though, so dont go jamming all your sliders to max).
On a related note, the overlay is highly experimental at the moment and it crashed Tio's game (we think). Switching it off is recommended (I've never even seen what its meant to overlay yet anyway, although I've had no stability issues)
Back to top Go down
FlynnLawliet
Admin
FlynnLawliet

PostSubject: Re: Teamspeak yea or may    Teamspeak yea or may  EmptyFri Feb 19, 2016 7:26 pm

For those reading this and wish to join our experiments in Discord

https://discordapp.com/channels/149658350429274112/149658350429274112

that's the direct link to the Dragons Bane FC Server Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Teamspeak yea or may    Teamspeak yea or may  Empty

Back to top Go down

Teamspeak yea or may
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum